Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Scan....(9 days)

So this is so stressful.......

Were still in the game! My levels rised!

I had only slept 5 hours last night as I was worrying and trying not to worry all at the same time.  The dr. called me this morning instead of the nurse.  I guess they know that i'm a ball of nerves with these stressful IVF's.  She laughed when I got on the phone saying "you always have the most stressful cycles". 

So they found about 7-10  follicles during the ultra sound.  Last time I had 18.  Not bad.  One of my ovaries was tucked right back in my pelvis so the nurse had a difficult time counting them all.  She must of dug around in there for over 5 minutes....

My levels rose from 150-1000.  This is good.  A short biology lesson for those of you who aren't familiar...  each egg produces a hormone called estrodoil.  The higher the levels of estrodoil the more eggs are producing.  Last time my levels were at 2200 on day 8 with 18 eggs.  So this tells us that there aren't as many eggs maturing.  That was the kicker.  She said that their goal is to have at least 5 good eggs at retrieval.  Last time we got 10 and ended up with two.  Scary.  She also gave us the option to cancel this cycle and start again with a "flare" protocol which is more aggressive.  We said no since all this is coming out of  pocket and we've already spent so much money on the drugs.  I go back Monday for another check up. 

I really really really wanted this to be easy.  I really really really wanted this cycle to be smooth sailing.  I thought i'd feel relief that my levels have rose.  Instead I know that this one will be a on the edge of your seat kinda cycle again. 

It is all worth it in the end for that positive pregnancy test. 

Please, Please, let us be successful. 

1 comment:

  1. Crossing fingers and toes for you!!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete