Tuesday, January 4, 2011

5 Day Scan

Yesterday was the dreaded 5 day scan. 

I am not responding to the drugs as well as I should be.  They upped my meds to the max dosage which intails 2 needles a day now.  I was very disappointed. I am trying to be a positive as this happened last time.  Last IVF I responded very slowly and they threatened to cancel the whole thing.  But my body kick started somewhere between day 5-10 and I progressed nicely after that with a retrival of 10 eggs. 

I called and spoke to a nurse at the clinic who I have gotten to know well.  She told me that she was very optimistic that my levels would rise by Friday.  But if there was no change they would have to cancel and consider a different, more aggressive protocol.  They are giving me till Friday to get it together and if my body decides it doesn't want to take part, then its over.  So stressful......

Maybe this time is more stressful because there is no breathing room.  If I don't respond then thats it. Were out of the game.  They can't up my meds anymore than what they have already done. 

Wish us luck on Friday. With so much invested into your cycles its difficult to think of not finishing one. 

1 comment:

  1. I am crossing EVERYTHING for you! Keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete