Tuesday, May 29, 2012

36 days hospital bedrest

Yes we are still here but there may be an end in sight. Our next scan is Thursday. If there is no change and cervix and baby look great there going to send me home. Mom is here from Ontario to help us out and has agreed to stay until baby is here. I love my mom. She has become country girl meets city since i'm not around to drive her around and help her out. She has taken over the care of our two pooches by walking them and running them twice a day. She also bought herself a gps and has been jetting all around the city. If you knew my mom you'd know this is a big deal for her. City driving makes her nervous. I mean she lives on a dirt road with the first stop light 10 min. away. I am so thankful to have her here to help us all out. How am I making out in here? Im 28 w 4 d now and am feeling better with the gestational age of the baby. 23 weeks was scary. 28 is still scary but a bit more manageable. I spent an hour online last night scanning through articles of other babies that were born around 28, 29, 30 weeks gestational age which scared me way to much. I wont be doing that again. I know this is whats best for our baby. A small sacrifice...really. My bum has bruises on it from the bedrest. The hospital has hot packs which I use daily on my hips and back. I feel kinda like when you have the flu and your skin is sore. I havent felt any contractions but it often feels like the beginning of my period. Just crampy. Im hoping this is the normal aches and pains of the third trimester. They still have me on progesterone 4 times a day and said if my water breaks before 34w they will give us another shot of steroids for her lungs. We have had a beautiful spring here in NS. Temps ranging between 15-25 degrees. So its like heaven on those two days a week that they let me outside in a wheelchair for 20 mins. Danny has been here everyday and has proven that his lack of visits at the beginning of our stay was essentially stress and lack of time. With mom here he has stayed the weekends and comes by either on his lunch or for supper. He has done an amazing job with all the yard work that needed to be done. As well as all those spring chores like opening our pool, power washing the deck etc. Mom took care of all our gardens this year. So things are still running smooth without me home. So were hanging in there. I will update you after Thursday's scan. Hurry up Thursday!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh sweet relief!! Life's alot better when things at home are taken care of. Kudos to your mom and Danny making it easy. What would we do without our love ones. From my CCRM gals, most report crampiness as part of progesterone side affects. But most likely a bit of both...growth of ute and P4 meds. I hope you do get to go home but I know you will stick to your guns and do nothing until week 34+. You have endured sooo much...a few more weeks of physical agony right now probably seems totally do-able given you've just endured 5+ weeks. Good job Teacher!! Thinking of you and baby...pretty soon this will all be just a blur. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck today. Hope you get to go home soon! I'll be looking for an update. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete