Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Day 14 bedrest
Its funny how the days and weeks all blend together. I have nothing to pinpoint a moment. I know I've spoken to certain people or people have visited but it is difficult to remember when it occured.....this week? Yesterday?
Mom gets in tomorrow. I cant wait to have her here. Life will be a bit easier once she arrives. Danny is afraid she might smother us. I told him I was comfortable telling her that if that is the case.
Danny has been so good through this although I get the impression that once he gets here he can't wait to leave. He paces around the room and often complains about the amount of work that needs to be done at home. He has gone as far as make comments about how he would love to be lazing his days away, like me. I feel that my sacrifices have been over looked. That he is able to escape the hospitals, doctors, treatments. That our "team" approach has gone down the drain. I cant identify if his behaviour is because he can't do anything to help the situation so his feelings of helplessness drive him away from the reality I live in or if he is just truly bord in my company right now. Discussing this with him ends in frustration so I find myself struggling with ways to handle our situation on my own without asking him for anything. To say the least I am disappointed and that doesnt happen very often.
We have another ultrasound Thuursday. I will fill you in on how that goes.
Thanks again for the support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What you are doing is REALLY hard. Don't let him make you believe otherwise, especially when his words likely come from exhaustion, stress, and worry. You know what you are doing is important. He knows it. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteThe days on bed rest, especially while in the hospital, do seem to blur together. The routine of it all just makes a day look and feel exactly like the day before it. :-(
Glad your mom is coming to spend time with you. I bet that will boost your spirits quite a bit!
I'm hoping that with your mom coming that he feels some relief from the pressures of stuff that must be done. I bet that is where his comments of lazing about in bed come from. My husband would totally say something like that to tease me. I would tease him right back by asking for my bonbons since life was so easy. :) I tried giving V some specific things that I he could do to support me...like taking a night off and going home without visiting me on Friday so that he could come and spend a few hours without stress on the weekend which turned into movies and pizza. We're not really snugglers, but I had him take off his shoes and climb into bed with me for a few minutes so I could have a snuggle. It sounds silly, but he knew that I appreciated these things.
ReplyDeleteIt makes sense that the days blur together....sometimes the only difference would be my reading material. :)
Take care of yourself and hang in there! Mom is almost there!
Hey Teacher. Glad you are doing well and that time seems to be going quickly. Sorry you feel frustrated with your husband. Keep the communication lines open otherwise it could lead to resentment down the road and thats never good. None of this is easy on anyone and likely its stress talking. Take care. Thinking of you...
ReplyDeleteHi Teacher,
ReplyDeleteAs always, thanks for the update. Our thoughts are still with you and we can't wait to meet the little one.
I imagine that part of the reason the days blur together is because of all the hormones raging in your body right now. As my pregnancy progressed, it impcated my mental abilities as well. Words that should have come easy to me (like that "indoor" place where you keep the car at night) I couldn't remember to save my life. Your memory will return...
I know that many people look at this as a break, but I agree...it's far from it. Will being on bed rest so early still mean you'll have close to a year to stay home with the new baby? (I hope so). Going back to work was so hard for me. Even this weekend, I thought about leaving my job and working as a cashier for Costco because I wouldn't take it home with me.
Looking forward to your next update!
Fly