Wednesday, May 16, 2012
22 days bed rest - happy birthday hubby!
Happy birthday to my hubby. Last night with friends and the little bit of family we have here we celebrated Dannys birthday from my hospital room. It was simple with take out food from our favourite restaurant and a ice cream cake with no candles. It was nice. I had been looking forward to it all day.
At 26 weeks there has been no change which I am very thankful for. Another ultrasound confirmed that baby has gone from a pound in a half to 2 pounds 1 ounce. Her measurements were right on as well. My cervix is still measuring 8 mm with no uterine activity. So despite the bed rest and shitty cervix I feel this is the best news I can receive. Mom has been here a week and has proven to be a gods send. She cleans my house, bring me home cooked meals, walks my dogs. All of this allows hubby to be here a bit more without stress.
Although the only goal of all of this is to bring my daughter into this world as healthy as possible and I wil stay here for as long as it takes, it does make you a bit crazy. Not being able to sit up or lay on my back has my hips feeling as if I have broken bones! I have taken advatage of the hospital heat pads and have started physio. I guess that when your on bedrest your body doesnt grow with your pregnancy and often balance becomes an issue along with muscle loss.
I am so thankful we have made it to 26 weeks and am praying for at least another 4-6 weeks. Were hanging in there dear friends! Keep on praying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad your cervix is staying the same and the baby is growing nicely. I know bedrest is no fun, but it sounds like it's working. Sending good thoughts your way!
ReplyDeleteHang in there. It will soon be a distant memory when you are holding your little girl in your arms.
ReplyDeleteGREAT update Teacher...sounds like a perfect day on bedrest yesterday...hang in there! You're doing GREAT!!
ReplyDelete