Tuesday, June 12, 2012

50 Days Hospital Bedrest - I want to go home....

I thought I was getting out today. I have done so well with my four hour hospital passes. No cramping, no contractions, no bleeding. I went home for an overnight Friday which was amazing. Amazing to be on my own schedule, breakfast in bed, movie cuddling with hubby, sunbathing by the pool. Still had that wheel chair which my dogs got a kick out of..... But amazing....and then I had to come back. Come back to the foam beds, plastic pillows, shitty food and the lonely nights and it was hard. I spent Saturday night and Sunday sulking like my four year old students do. And when Danny walked into the room Monday I looked at him and started crying. No words, just tears. So I asked the doctor if I could go home. He agreed on an ultrasound for today. Ultrasond went well. Baby is weighing in at 3 lbs 10 ounces at 30w 4d. Average baby weight. But as soon as he looked at that cervix he shook his head. He can touch the babys head through my cervix. Its that soft. And with that he said I had to stay. My next ultrasound is the 25th. I was disappointed. But overjoyed that baby is healthy and doing well in there. A small sacrifice for a miracle. My body aches after I return from my four hour outings. The physiotherapist warned me about this. 6 weeks of complete bedrest does quite the number on your muscles. I have lost that much muscle tone that the two weeks that I have been granted more mobility of just getting in and out of my car, sitting for long periods of time and walking the small amount I do walk has caused me to feel as if I just finished a pilates class. I can hardly move. I couldn't believe it. Once I am up and walking I wonder how that will feel. Despite our disappointing news today I feel ever so thankful and blessed that our miracle is alive, And healthy.

6 comments:

  1. I did 8 weeks and 3 days of bed rest. It took a while to get my strength back. Walking down the hall to the NICU would wind me for what seemed like forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days are so hard in there. Plus after being home, you realize how much you miss it. Hang in there! I feel you on the depletion of your stamina and muscle tone, My doctor gave me some small exercises to do while in bed that didn't strain me to help a little. You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. M, you are doing so fantastic! Your baby is so lucky to have you as their Mom! We are thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you my friend. I can only imagine how hard this must be for you. I wish I had the right words to say- but know that you are never far from my thoughts. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you can go home soon but glad everything is going well with the bed rest and baby. I can't imagine, stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang.In.There!!!!!! Can't imagine but trust me girl...this will all pass in a flash!!

    ReplyDelete