Monday, April 30, 2012

Thanks for the support - An update

Thank you for all your support. It means so much. Things had been moving along very well with this pregnancy. We've had 15 ultrasounds in 6 months. A month ago we found out we were having a girl. I started shopping. We ordered baby furniture. My shower was booked for May 27th. I took the advice of all my friends and family who encouraged us to embrace this pregnancy. Last weekend I woke up at 3 am and could hardly get out of bed. The back pain was awful. Danny happened to be away that night so I struggled my body into some clothes and drove myself to the hospital (which later I realized was stupid when I have wonderful neighbours all around me). After 6 hours in early labour and assessment they released me with a diagnosis of a kidney infection. I took Monday and Tuesday off work. My back pain diminished to what felt like a stitch in my side. With the thoughts of going back to work in mind I wanted to be looked at before I went back. I called the nurse on tuesday and she encouraged me that all was well from my assessment on saturday. I pushed a bit more and she said to go back to early labour and delivery. So I did and my follow up went well. I was released. Texted hubby to tell him to start supper. While waiting for the elevator the doctor said she would like to look at my cervix again. In a matter of half a hour i was being admitted with a shortend cervix. In the last week I have heard so many terms, met the nicu team and have so many stats on so many things. My cervix measured 1cm last week. It should be 4cm. I am on progesterone 4 times a day to stop preterm labour with a round of steriod treatment to mature her lungs quicker. I can shower every other day and am only to get up to use the washroom. Danny has been swamped at work so he hasnt been here all that much. I am very scared. A resident came in the other day to inform us that she is breech and a c section at this stage can be very dangerous for both me and baby. They will do another ultrasound tomorrow to see if there has been any change in my cervix. I am focusing on staying calm and trying my hardest to only focus on today. Thanks again for all your support. Please pray for us and I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Been thinking of you all day Teacher...not fair I know. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many, many hugs. The statistics from the NICU team are extremely scary. I remember those conversations very well.

    I am praying for a good ultrasound for you tomorrow. Hoping the inactivity may have given you back some length.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so hope the ultrasound and the cervix was better? I hope this little one can stay inside just a few more weeks for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in my thoughts. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope things are ok...please update, please. We are worried! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. sending love, hope things are okay.

    ReplyDelete