Thursday, August 16, 2012
We made it! 40 Weeks!!
We made it. 40 weeks. I can’t believe it.
We went to our 39th doctor’s appointment on Monday. Baby has dropped which I suspected with all the pressure and muscle pain I am feeling. He also did a membrane sweep in hopes that things would start moving this week. I had heard many horror stories about the pain associated with a sweep. Fortunately I didn’t feel a thing when he performed it. I think it may depend how “ripe” you are. I am 2 cm dilated and 100% effaced. So things are favourable. Since Monday I haven’t felt any signs that labour is on its way. I’ve been keeping busy doing some gardening, walking my pups and housekeeping. I visited my natural path on Tuesday who did an acupuncture treatment on me to see if that could get things moving. Yesterday I did a small jog for 20 minutes to see if that would work. My next appointment is on Monday where he will discuss our next steps if I haven’t had her yet.
Our puppy training continues. Dogs are doing well although I find the trainer we chose move’s at a snail pace. Each week we add on a new skill to the ultimate goal. But the pups pick up on the new skill right away and I have to wait another week to add the next step. Danny thinks she is moving slow to collect more money. Maybe….she charges 60$ an hour and often times it runs way over an hour. Our first session cost us a 120$. I keep telling myself that it’s for the best.
We got some great news yesterday that my brother and SIL are expecting their first child in March. So happy for them! Congrats A and D!
So maybe my next post will be our little miracles birth story. I hope so……being patient is hard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you are almost ready to meet this little one. Hopefully this weekend.
ReplyDeleteGood news all around! Can't wait for your next post!!! Maybe you are holding your little miracle in your arms at this very minute!
ReplyDelete