Monday, August 27, 2012
Baby G's birth story....
Our miracle is here.
Last Monday I went in for a routine check up with my doctor. I was 4 days overdue and expected another membrane sweep to see if that would work again. She did a cervical check which came back that I was 4 cm dilated and 100% effaced. Dr. B. told us that I was a good candidate for induction because I was so ready to go and if I wanted I could come back later that evening and they would do an induction for us. I agreed. I was more than ready to meet this amazing baby who has defeated the odds countless times. They broke my water at 730 on Monday August 20th. The oxytocin started at 8. I walked the halls for a bit and then decided to try the tub as the contractions got a bit stronger. While in the tub the contractions got so bad that I asked for drugs. My only thought was that it was only an hour and a half into this and I knew I couldn’t go all night with the pain. When they checked me I was already 9 cm dilated. I pushed for 14 minutes.
The moment your baby is placed on your chest after birth is so surreal. I pictured that moment so different. I thought I would be overcome with emotion to see that we had finally made it to this point. Instead I laid there in disbelief. No tears, nothing just a few “oh my god’s”. I just starred and when they placed her in my arms I looked at my husband and said “I can’t believe this is happening”. It wasn’t until I got home two days later that I was so overcome with emotion that this precious child was ours and how lucky we are to have her.
My mom and dad flew in right away. They are staying till Friday. Danny’s parents arrive on the 6th and are here till the 1st of October. Now looking back on it I wish I had given ourselves a few days for just the three of us to adjust. It was a week of entertaining really. Everything is going well though. She is feeding well and sleeping good. Our dogs have been wonderful so far.
We are over the moon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
thanks for sharing G's story. congratulations!! so amazing she is here!!
ReplyDeleteAwww. Tears of happiness for the three of you are streaming down my face! Congratulations! Pictures...pretty please!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am OVER the moon for you and Danny too!! I have been thinking of you time and time again throughout my summer and am in disbelief she beat the odds and went OVERDUE for gosh sakes!! What a trooper! Congrats Teacher!! I hope you will share a pic soon.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDelete性秘密視訊影音聊天
性秘密視訊影音交友
性秘密視訊聊天直播
性秘密視訊聊天視頻
性秘密視訊聊天影音
性秘密視訊聊天交友
性秘密視訊交友直播
性秘密視訊交友視頻
性秘密視訊交友影音
性秘密視訊交友聊天