We have almost made it to 12 weeks. I go in next week for my thirteen week ultrasound. They have followed me every two weeks throughout my first trimester. It truly is amazing when you are following a fetus that closely. Week 8 the baby had arm and leg buds and by 10w 6d the baby had full legs, arms, knees and elbows. The baby didn’t put a show on for us only gave us a bit of a wave. I’m looking forward to seeing the progress on the next ultrasound.
I had a bit of spotting again over the weekend. It was enough to notice…. which is enough to make me worry. I also had a lot of light cramping, pelvic pain and just kinda felt yucky. I called my naturalpath right away. She told me to come in which I appreciated considering it was a Sunday. I don’t totally understand what she does but I do know that I’ve been seeing her since May about infertility and I’m now pregnant so I trust her and all she does. She did a bunch of different treatments with acupuncture. By the next day everything felt fine. She has told me that the baby is a girl. I’m interested to see if she will be right.
We have struggled over the last few weeks on making a decision about whether we want to know the sex of the baby. I’m very mixed. I would like to know because of all we’ve been through to get to this point, the fun in shopping and preparing and wrapping my head around the idea of finally having a son or daughter. I’m having a hard time believing even now after knowing for 2 months that this is really happening for us. Due to the fact that we are being seen on the “high risk” floor at the hospital (even though they assured us we are not high risk it is just where our doctors office is). At our next appointment they will be able to guess the sex. I’m leaning toward no but we will see.
So things are good and were hanging in there. I’m looking forward to next Thursday to see our little bean again.
I still shake my head at all this…….
It took me a long long time to finally relax about going shopping. But eventually my need to prepare and organize felt stronger than my fears. So as in everything in life...it takes time.
ReplyDelete