Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fourth ultrasound in 3 months...

I had another ultrasound this week. My fourth in 3 months and we have another one booked for Thursday. I had a bit of spotting on the weekend which gave me another scare (it really was hardly anything). When I called the doctor he seemed unconcerned about it. He told me that if it got worse and there was cramping to call again. So instead I called my natural path. She had me come straight in and she did this crazy acupuncture with a pipe that blows some kind of heat at different points of my body. Amazingly it all stopped later that day.

By mid week I was feeling like I was slowly peeing my pants. By the end of the day I felt like I needed a diaper. So I called the doctor again at this point he just said come in at the end of the day for an ultrasound. He wanted to get some measurements as well but baby was way too busy. Jumping, twirling, bouncing, and waving putting on a big show for us. All this going on in my uterus and I couldn’t feel a thing. So he couldn’t get his measurements and called us in on Thursday. Danny asked if having so many ultrasounds would harm our baby. He assured us that it was fine and that women who are pregnant with twins often have a lot more throughout a pregnancy.

I read my file at the hospital while we were waiting for the doctor to see us. I only seen the letter that he had written about us. In it he mentioned 3 times that I am a very anxious patient. I guess it’s visible.
I had no idea that pregnant woman are not suppose to eat certain cheese. I love cheese and have spent the last 3 months eating whatever cheese I wanted. I am now, of course, worried of a cheese bacteria. Apparently it is only a “risk”.

Anyways, things are good. My energy levels are back, my appetite even more. I’ve put 8 pounds on in my first trimester and am out of all my jeans now. I feel better nerve wise but still have moments. Wish there was something that could reassure me that everything is going to be okay other than my husband’s words every couple hours. Poor Danny….he must be going crazy with my erratic behavior.

2 comments:

  1. You have every right to be nervous with your history - I was exactly the same. I lost count of the ultrasounds we had and the quick visits to the midwife or day-assessment to get a listen to the heartbeat just to reassure myself that he was still ok in there. The other thing to be prepared for is a sense of doom that comes over some of us (who have miscarried in the past) towards the end of the pregnancy. I was sure it was a premonition that everything was going to go wrong (it didn't!) and have subsequently talked to several others in the same situation who have had the same feeling, only to give birth to a perfectly healthy baby. I'm sure that the health professionals looking after you and your baby will be very sympathetic to your situation and know that you are perfectly reasonable and just need a little extra reassurance. Sending hugs - it's a tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been there and pregnancy is NOT easy...wish I had more encouraging words for you but for me it was a 36w6d white knuckle ride. I was very anxious...I think its totally normal for the IFers...rather unfortunate huh? But I did find that once I could feel baby move (around week 20 or so) that I began to relax a bit more. Take it easy mamma...

    ReplyDelete