Yesterday we had our phone consultation with the doctor in Colorado (CCRM). Dr. Schoolcraft is a polite soft spoken man with little to say. Our conversation lasted 20 minutes with a 250$ price tag attached to it. But it was nice to talk to someone who has such a good reputation and to get a second opinion.
He gave us a 35% chance of success using our own eggs and an 80% chance of success using donor eggs. In all the treatments we have done I only really produced one good egg which gave us our twins. That is it. Stupid body. He deemed us as having a serious case of infertility.
So it’s a go, were doing donor eggs. I have to wrap my head around a lot of things but I’m looking forward to moving ahead and finding some success. Who would of thought.....
Best of luck and I hope this path is the one for you!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Melissa...best of luck!
ReplyDeleteI can only speak from personal experience, but as the very proud mummy of a donor egg baby, I couldn't possibly love a baby more. There are a number of issues facing us, some of them related to DE, but one thing is not in doubt - I am his mummy. I am so pleased we took this route.
ReplyDeleteOOHHHH Jeeez Teacher!! I am sooo incredibly excited for you! Like stoked!! And the DE issue...yes it has its moments but not really since being pg. I love this little guy no different than if it had my chromosomes. Chromosomes are over-rated! I can't wait to follow along with you. If you need ANYTHING, let me know.
ReplyDeleteGood luck on your DE journey! I'm at the tail-end of a DE cycle myself!
ReplyDeleteTeacher, I agree with Lisa - this is the BEST news I've read all day! Dr. Schoolcraft was my primary doctor and I wouldn't be carrying my two miracles if it weren't for him and his excellent partners and staff. Yes, the financial risk is a little hard to swallow, but you are taking a gamble on something wonderful that is going to change your life! Since I had been Dr. S's patient longer than most women and had several procedures, I saw him at least five or six times and I can tell you that underneath his reserved personality, he honestly cares and nothing makes him happier than seeing one of his patients succeed. All I can say is CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am elated for you!!!
ReplyDeleteVery happy you have a plan for moving forward. Good luck!
ReplyDelete