Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Not much for updates....

I have been neglecting my blog for various reasons. The biggest being that my grandmother has been deathly sick and I have been in Moncton, New Brunswick with her and the rest of my family to help out a bit.
I really do not have much to say. I have been seeing the “voodoo” lady twice a month. She has me on special pre natal vitamins that have a high concentration of selearium which is something I’m apparently lacking. She also wants me to start progesterone cream from day 7-21, which I will also do this month in hopes of saving the extra dollars that awaits us. She did some cupping massage with this device that sucks up my skin. Helps with blood flow. I felt like shit this morning from it, almost like I’d worked out but it did feel great while she was doing it. She also told me she’d charge me 50$ a session instead of 70$ since I didn’t have coverage. Too bad the clinic never said that.
My co worker is huge right now. She’s due July 2nd and didn’t show much till this last month. It bothers me sometimes but I think I’m handling it well considering I’m with her 9 hours a day. I also got a call from a very old and kind friend from Ontario who is now preggo with number 2. A sigh as someone else is “lapping” me. I AM so very happy for her but her nonchalance on her ability to get pregnant is something that I am jealous of ….but what else is new.
We have our consultation on June 6th with Dr. Schoolcraft from CCRM. Mostly I want a second opinion on what he thinks our best option is in order to get preggo. I’m looking forward to it. It’s like were taking a break from this baby making stuff but were still working toward something and that makes me feel better. I talked to the social worker at community services on adoption and they told me it could be a ten year wait till all the paper work is done and we get matched. I personally think that is a joke. Ten years! My god.
I’m turning 32 this weekend. I’m shocked. 32 really?! Where did all the time go? University, 3 years of marriage, sneaking into my husband’s dorm room late at night, roommates, all night dance parties, travelling on a shoestring, kraft dinner, choices with little responsibility…..I often think of those days, who I was then and who I am now. How time has flown and how much faster it will go.
All in all I’m doing okay. One day at a time right….

1 comment:

  1. Teacher...kudos for you on talking with Dr. Sch. He is not a man of many words but he is considerate and definitely not boastful given his reputation. That's what we did too...spoke with him first on what to do with my eggs first and he can't really say anything until you go down for their One Day Work Up for their batch of tests on both you and Danny. But it was the results of the ODWU that helped us to make an informed decision to abandon my eggs and jump straight to DE. Again, recall that I am a carrier of two genetic diseases that cause fatal/life threatening diseases with the babies in addition to low ovarian reserve. So you never know. We were told a 10 year wait on adoption as well...joke I know. Good luck with your Voodoo lady! Just never know! And Happy 3rd Anniversary of your 29th birthday!! We are the same age. And even though I am 31 weeks pg, my neighbour to the back of us looks like she's poppin' their 2nd kid. Funny thing is I was immediately pissed with her (haven't met her yet) and jeolous meanwhile sporting a big tummy myself. Weird how that never goes away...

    Let me know if you have any questions about CCRM, Dr. Sch. or anything...here when you need me.

    ReplyDelete