Saturday, February 2, 2013
Thoughts on Baby #2...Really?! and a bit more....
I haven’t been good at keeping up with my blog since G. arrived. Our sleep situation has improved drastically and I’m finding that a few hours in the day while she naps is just enough time for me to recharge for the rest of the day. Having a baby who doesn’t sleep well is challenging.
Things here are good. Doctors have encouraged us to stop breast feeding so we can begin to start trying for a second baby (insert sigh here). I slowly weaned from nursing and we had our final feed at 5am around 41/2 months. It’s difficult for me to wrap my head around having another baby when I’m just getting comfortable with my new role as a mother. There is no plan. We just cross our fingers and hope that in the next five years we get lucky again. I feel my heart get heavy and the exhaustion begins when I think about temperature taking, herbs, yoga and acupuncture all over again. Feeling that devastation each month when your period arrives. Getting pregnant is only half my fight. Doctors could not determine if my shortened cervix was something I was born with or a result of a kidney infection. I may have to fight to stay pregnant too. And then the fear of loss kicks in. I toyed with the idea of taking my miracle and living my life being a mom to one beautiful little girl who we kicked and screamed to bring into this world but I just don’t feel like I was meant to have one child. A neighbor of mine who is ten years older than me had a difficult time getting pregnant and when she did she discovered that her antibodies attack her husband’s and that in order to sustain a pregnancy they have to have many transfusions and a whole lotta stress. They decided on one baby who they almost lost. Ten years later she regrets that decision and wished she had taken the risk to have one more child. I think about her sometimes and how difficult it must be to live with that regret, to wonder what it would have been like. I want to try for one more. To experience motherhood to two babies, to give my little G. someone she can grow up with. I feel like I am supposed to have more children. This just can’t be it for me. So I’m turning the corner to the dark hole again. This time I think it will be different. I am so busy with little miss G. I won’t be thinking of it as much. I go back to our natural path next month who I seen for 8 months before we had success. She specializes in women who have fertility problems. She reads energies in the body and gives me acupuncture and tells me to do liver cleanses when she feels I need them. So were doing it. But no more treatments. If it happens on its own then I have two blessings if it doesn’t I still have a blessing.
Almost two years after we decided to proceed with donor eggs some family members have expressed their disapproval of some of the fundraising that had taken place. Being my overly sensitive and very naive self I was devastated to hear of their disapproval. During the summer of 2011 Danny and I were in the midst of planning our next course of action in the infertility world. Our doctor had recommended donor eggs but we just weren’t sure if that was something we wanted to pursue. With income tax money that we got from our two failed IVF’s we decided to take off to Iceland on a adventure to clear our heads and to heal our souls after three devastating years. Four months later we had made our decision that we were going to go through with donor eggs. We had a bill of 40 thousand dollars coming our way and close friends and some family brainstormed ways to help us out. My mother began knitting. She rented a table at a local craft sale to sell her creations. She also sold tickets on a cooler filled with booze. My supportive mother who fought just as hard as we did. Our good friends who live on the opposite coast and who had conceived twins through IVF decided that they would put together a hockey pool. The winner would win half the pot with the other half going to us. All this hard work generated 1200$. We paid for our lawyer fees, a consultation with CCRM and one flight to Ontario to meet our doctors. Years later some close family members are expressing their disappointment that we went on a Iceland trip and then 6 months later started fundraising. Some say that it was 10% of 40 thousand dollars and it just looked plain bad. I guess some just don’t understand. I was upset. Real upset. Three years of trying for a baby. IUI failure. Two failed IVF’s. A missed miscarriage. Twenty two thousand dollars down the drain. Tons of heartache, tons of disappointment and a total connection loss with the man that I love. I hadn’t bought a thing for myself in three years. Our house had new paint on the walls that was it. I thought we deserved something. I thought our marriage was worth it. So to my surprise two years later this has turned into somewhat of an issue amongst some family. Danny and I decided to briefly address it and then leave it be. I told them that the Iceland trip took place before our decision to go ahead with donor eggs and that we really needed that trip. Danny also reminded them that we had already completed 2 IVF treatments that we were still paying off. It hasn’t been brought up since and I am not saying a word about it again. People organized these fundraisers out of the kindness of their hearts and we are so thankful for these people in our lives.
Our little miss G. is doing wonderful. I love this age. She is just starting to come out of her shell and show some personality. She laughs and gives open mouth kisses and puts her tiny little arms around my neck. She smiles when I come in the room and moves her arms and legs erratically when I am near. I love it. She took a pacifier this week and it has made my life a zillion times easier. No more rocking to sleep and no more 2-3 night feeds. I give her a kiss and put her to bed. I feed her once at around 11-12 and any waking after that she takes her soother and quietly goes back to sleep. We had tried and tried to give her a soother as a newborn and she would pop it out of her mouth with her tongue. That reflex is gone and now she is quite content with it. I know it’s a bad habit but right now it is helping her sleep better and that is what matters to me right now. There are so many moments throughout my day that I step back and reflect on this beautiful baby. Simple things like the sound of her cries when she wakes up from a nap. I’ll stop for a minute on my way up to get her and smile at the sound of her whales. When I use the word “mom” in pretense when talking to her (I’m a mom!! I’m actually someone’s mom!!) When I’m on the phone with the doctor and use the term “My daughter”. (I actually have a daughter!) Even doing laundry sometimes makes me stop and smile when I throw those little onsies or sleepers in the wash. After accepting the fact it wasn’t ever going to happen it’s very difficult to accept that it did happen and she is okay. She is alive and so healthy. And we are so lucky
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Eeek!! Sticky situation with the family on the fundraiser issue. Glad it sounds resolved. Good luck on #2...
ReplyDeleteany updates?
ReplyDelete小可愛視訊-真愛旅舍視頻聊天室
ReplyDeleteut聊天室視訊-真人裸聊秀場
小可愛視訊聊天室-裸聊直播間
美女視訊影音-真愛旅舍聊天室破解
視訊聊天交友-美女裸聊視頻直播間
視訊美女-做愛裸聊室
173免費視訊-視頻真人秀聊天室福利
金瓶梅視訊-293真人秀場聊天室
live173影音視訊live秀-台灣uu視頻聊天室
live173影音live秀-免費視訊-uu視頻聊天室
免費裸聊的qq群同城約炮視頻交友手機成人電影網站咪咪愛成人圖片快播愛薇兒情色影片
免費視頻真人秀免費夫妻大秀視頻網站夫妻表演聊天室齊b超短裙美女圖歐美性愛區情色皇朝
免費多人視頻真人秀真人美女真實美女生活照片成人色情電影網址大全艾薇兒情色
視頻裸聊網同城視頻聊天交友台灣同城視頻交友熟女人妻快播成人影院春天情色網
視頻交友_真人秀場素顏美女 自然美女真實美女頭像快播成人色情導航711台灣情色
真人秀場視頻聊天室直播間美女跳舞視頻超短裙美女跳街舞超短裙美女快播嘟嘟情色網
視頻站真人秀美女熱舞視頻直播間午夜聊天成人版男人最愛上的成人網站洪爺情色
56女生性視頻真人秀韓國美女直播間軟件韓國情色短片性愛技巧在線觀看情色圖貼
多人視頻真人秀多人視頻跳舞吧真人秀女成人玩具視頻天天情色網午夜成人色圖情色排行榜
視頻聊天室真人秀戀夜秀場直播大秀色成人免費女同性電影免費的色情網站情色貼圖區
視頻秀qq色群六間房直播跳舞超短裙美女熱舞慢搖最愛色情動漫網人妖電影網址麗的情色文學
求qq群 你懂得戀夜秀場真愛旅舍視頻破解成人性愛小說成人激情小說愛微兒情色網
求個色聊qq群號戀夜秀場秀場大廳午夜聊天視頻網站愛愛網真人愛愛姿式成人網情色貼圖區
qq群視頻大秀戀夜秀場直播大秀色校園春色愛愛網成人玩具使用表演視頻愛薇兒情色總站
色群視頻秀qq群視頻秀qq群視頻大秀群號無碼a片成人免費色情電影力的情色漫畫
夫妻群視頻秀戀夜秀場直播間新地址性感長腿美女電腦桌面免費情色系電影線上觀看
戀夜秀場視頻戀夜秀場網站線上直播a片日本性感美女伊人成人綜合網激點情色文學
裸聊視頻免費的看看戀夜秀場直播大廳在線激情小說超短裙美女網盤成都白領人妻成人情色
裸聊視頻免費的看看好美眉網伊莉論壇首頁情色三級快播電影成人色系漫畫情色短片
ReplyDelete性秘密直播視訊聊天
性秘密直播視訊交友
性秘密直播影音視頻
性秘密直播影音視訊
性秘密直播影音聊天
性秘密直播影音交友
性秘密直播交友視頻
性秘密直播交友視訊
性秘密直播交友影音
性秘密直播交友聊天
ReplyDelete女同志聊天室
UT影音聊天室
線上成人區
視訊辣妹脫衣遊戲
免費情色圖片欣賞
LIVE173 甜心視訊一夜情秀
qq交友聊天
小魔女自拍天堂
超級辣妹聊天室
av女優直播室