I've always liked loud music. I blame my father for that. I crank it in the car, in my living room, in my kitchen, while i'm getting ready in the bathroom. I can still remember in high school sitting in the back of that trans am with my friends while the bass pumped out.
Things change but not all that much. I'm not sitting in the back of a trans am anymore but I still love a good tune loud and clear. There is nothing better than a great tune blaring while your trying to get yourself pumped enough to finish a workout routine or hearing lyrics that speak from your heart. That is exactly what Kellie Coffey's "I Would Die For That" is. Its a tune that speaks right to my heart. Like I wrote the words. I can listen to it now without breaking down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqfGqOx2iDQ
I got a phone call from a professor here asking if i'd be interested in doing a question/answer period with first year med students on infertility. I tell our story and then the students can ask questions. I guess they have been paying actors to come into the university to do these sessions every year and were looking for the real thing this year. I agreed to it. There will be 120 students in a huge lecture hall listening to our story. Me alone, as Danny doesn't want to do it, with a mic and a huge screen as its telecast to another university in New Brunswick. Yes a little intimidating. But worth the effort for the lack of ignorance it may inspire within the medical field. This won't be happening till the end of March but still very interesting. Even my therapist called to thank me for sharing. It may just be a little therapeutic. Hopefully I won't bite someone's head off during the question/answer period. That is just how pissed I am right now!
So brave teacher...let me know how it goes. You will do a great job and make us all proud!
ReplyDeleteWow - that is very brave of you. Good for you! I'd also be very curious to hear about it after.
ReplyDelete